Vocabulary  

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 2010:  16 months old

Everyday I am noticing more and more words that Bailey is saying in the right context and everything.  It amazes me at how much of our language she actually understands.  I find myself becoming more excited to explain things to her in the best way that I can because now I know she is actually starting to get it.  I find her little munchkin voice adorable!  And I have noticed that the more she hangs out with Ian the more motivated she becomes to do the things that 3 year olds can do ie. walking, playing in the grass, drinking milk (only if it's from his sippy cups), exploring her toys in the same way he does, and some of his phrases.  I think he makes everything fun and interesting to her.  So far the things she says are:


  • Duck quack quack
  • Dog ruff ruff
  • Bella, Momma, Dadda
  • Look!  What's that?
  • Night night
  • Bye Bye
  • Hello / Hi
  • Yeah
  • Stop / Stop that
  • Whoa!!
  • Wow!
  • What?
  • No
  • Ball
  • Book
  • Juice
  • On / Off
  • Up
  • Here you go
  • Yay!!
  • Ut-oh!
  • and her yummy noises:  MMmmmmm mmmmMMMMmmm MMMmmm  (I guess that's not really vocabulary, but it means something and it cracks me up!)
Every few days I can hear something new in her ramblings that is actual English.  Right now my favorite is when she throws something like her ball or a toy and then say "Whoa!" like it was so unexpected and exciting to see how far it went.

The other day John misplaced his keys and he was running around frantic trying to find them so that he wouldn't be late to work.  He kept rushing back and forth talking about his keys and asking where they were.  Right behind him Bailey would be trying to keep up with his pace as she waved her toy keys at him.  LOL such a good little helper :D

I have also noticed that she uses her hand signs to sing along with songs like Patty Cake, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, and she claps in the right parts for if You're Happy and you Know It.... I am not sure if that is considered sign language but it sure is cute!     

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Vocabulary

  • Jennifer
    April 29, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

    Aww, so cute! I love hearing babies say all of their little words. I've even been know to NOT correct my kids, when they kind of mispronounce a word, because it just sounds too darn cute. And they figure it out too fast anyway ;)

    She has quite the list of words too! Way to go Bailey

  • alyak23
    April 29, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

    yes too cute! Ian calls her Baywee <3 the tones in her voice make me giggle the most. When she says nigh night its almost sung, and she points to everything was that?? and she yells STOP DAT!! hahaha funny girl

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner