Flower Festival  

Monday, April 5, 2010

April 2010: 16 months old

I will post Easter pics later. I've got to do things a little backwards because my camera was not charged up for some reason on Easter morning. I left the photography up to my sister, which will probably be better than the pics that I would have taken anyway. Waiting for her to make edits and post them, and then I can blog about our wonderful Easter Sunday hosted at our house.

Today, being Monday, John was off so we took this opportunity to go to the Spring Flower Festival at the Dallas Arboretum. This was the place that my friend, Holly, and her son, Ian, took Bailey and I to in Fall for the pumpkin Fest. It was absolutely beautiful! And though Fall holds the biggest place in my heart, the Arboretum this time of year makes Spring a close contender.

Six months ago when we took Bailey to see the pumpkins she was still just cruising. But now she is walking, so it made it even more entertaining, and at times slightly challenging. She loved the flowers and the waterscapes. She refuses to walk in grass, but tried it out a little at the Arboretum because it is soft and green and beautiful. I would say she tolerated the grass, I didn't see the usual fear come across her face, but I also didn't see delight about it. I wish we could have made it out there a little earlier in the morning because they had photos with live bunnies, and a petting zoo that we missed out on. Oh well, maybe next time.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ Flower Festival

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner