Scenery  

Monday, April 5, 2010

These are just a few photos that capture a little bit of the beauty at the Arboretum... makes me want to hire a landscaper.

On each aisle to park is a tree, and we parked right next to ours at the end of the row. I was looking at the trunk to see the aisle number and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because the bark appeared to be moving. I looked closer and saw hundreds of caterpillars climbing up the trunk. It was kinda neat, kinda creepy all at once, but I had to take pics.
Caterpillar army

Tulips everywhere!!

The park was filled with the smells of Spring

Beautiful Japanese Maples, my favorite trees

And a few of the many waterscapes



AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Scenery

  • Jennifer
    April 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

    I've got to go to this place someday! That tulip field is amazing. And those worms are crazy! I remember having those kind of worms at my parents house growing up. They liked the oak trees and would drop down on our heads in the spring time.

  • alyak23
    April 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

    the tulips were amazing!! for some reason the bluebonnets were not out yet, and I guess the roses and butterflies wait until summer. I think that the gardens change drastically from season to season which makes it fantastic and new to visit all year. hehe I did see some of those worms dangling in the air as we walked to the entrance.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner