Pumpkin Party!  

Friday, October 31, 2008

October 2008: 8 months into pregnancy



On Wednesday John and I took a trip to my sister's house for a pumpkin carving party. First we stopped by Tom Thumb to pick us up some pumpkins, however they only had 4 left and they looked pretty pathetic, all small and not round. I was very disappointed and told John we had to find great big ones the size of my belly LOL. He didn't think it could be done but just across the street at Kroger we scored two really gigantic pumpkins, and got a great deal on them because some lady was griping about how the bin was marked wrong! I was pleased at our luck! We headed to Candi's with our giant pumpkins and sat on the floor with the kids scooping out pumpkin guts. Bella and Skylar took a lot of time carefully emptying out their pumpkins and reminisced over last years pumpkin gut fight in the front yard.

After successfully ridding our pumpkins of their guts we all sat down to a yummy new fall recipe of Pumpkin Chili. Delicious! Then it was on to carving. John and I had picked up some pumpkin stencils at Kroger so we attempted some challenging designs. I had a tarantula dangling from a web and John picked out a haunted house design. Unfortunately for John his little poker tool did not leave strong enough indentions in his pumpkin for him to adequately see the design. He put a lot of effort into it at first, but then his patience and his eye sight wore him out and he failed his mission :o( It was his first time using one of those kits so maybe next year he will be better prepared. Mine was a success, but I did tire out at the end and had Candi finish my spider. Bella and Skylar were creative enough to come up with their own designs which Candi and Kobi happily carved out for them.

And finally our completed pumpkins! Mine is top, Skylar's is in the middle and Bella's is on the bottom. John's didn't make it :o(




AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ Pumpkin Party!

  • Kailing Krew
    November 1, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

    Kayla,
    Hey thanks for stopping by. We need more blogging buddies! Matt has told me all about you two! Congrats on the new baby!!Let us know as soon as she makes her entrance! Can I recommend an EPIDURAL?? They are the greatest thing EVER! :)
    Johnna (matts wife)

  • Kailing Krew
    November 2, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

    LOL I heard you had a horrible experience with that I did too!! Gull bladder sucks! Hang in there, and try to enjoy your sleep!!!

  • Candi
    November 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

    bahahaha John's didn't make it!!! too funny...and I am SO kickin yer ass for putting that awful pic of me up LOL pregnant or no...you're dead woman! ;-)

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner